Wednesday 2 September 2009

BA FINAL SHOW / JUNE 2006


The first years of my BA studies i was occupied with issues of non figurative painting on canvas which i gradually began tranfering on cardboard boxes and other worthless form materials. This change had a huge impact on my drawing which became more instinctive and it also directed me to think on issues of space and volume.

The last 2 years of my studies i was experimenting with many mediums ,creating pieces that seemed diversed and unconnected. All these different actions became an entity in my final thesis. It was a sculptural installation in the form of labirynth chambers that combined painting, photography, drawing, video and collage.

Since then, I have evolved and tuned this practice, focusing and developing a language that has reoccurred and in my work. While I am in my studio I experiment with various techniques-concepts, creating unconnected pieces. It all becomes clear to me when I view the space in which I will exhibit. Space dictates my solution as it triggers my intuition.

No comments:

Post a Comment